Sunday, March 8, 2020

pardon me, but your elitism is showing

it is sunday and the new york times has delivered the "men's fashion" edition of its style magazine to my front deck...always a treat to get one...a wonderful morning of entertainment, enlightenment, and a close look at how i should perceive myself...at least through the eyes of the editors and "contributors"..they would know best, correct?
they are doing their very best to convince me that this is something i should be wearing around town to both delight my neighbors with my elegant sense of style and to shame them over their seeming lack of understanding of haute couture...hardly...looks like someone has been watching "black adder" to me...you can keep this in the display window...
there is an obvious need to bring men's fashion cost into line with that of the women's side of the equation...so this faceless drone is wearing $13600 worth of clothing i would hesitate to donate to the salvation army much less wear...keep the unsustainablility coming is what this says to me...
"for four decades, the american playwright richard greenberg has dedicated himself to chronicling, and gently tweaking, urban elites..." is this a freudian slip or is the true nature of the times elitism just shining though the denial? the whole "not an elitist newspaper" stance is lame bullshit...they are liberals...i will grant you that..and like all liberals they think they know better than me how i should think and behave...this too is lame bullshit...i am going to begin work on composting horse manure out back...this is at least utilitarian...clearly the times is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment