Wednesday, July 29, 2020

take two steps

my "dear friend" ( that's what she calls me from the beginning of the epistle [ what is this if not a call to the faithful? ]...how could i do anything but believe her? ) nancy pelosi has sent me a letter...
detailing the threat posed to us 99 percenters ( that the net worth she and her husband possess puts them well out of the wealth range of say 90 percent of the population shouldn't enter into this...she says she's "for the street"...which street is open to question...somehow my "friend's" letter feels contradictory ) by the "radical agenda" being pursued by don trump and his malignant acolytes in whoretown...no one who thinks with any sort of critical approach can have missed trump's greed ( or that of the rest of the 1 percent for that matter )...it is his salient characteristic...she has an agenda here but, admittedly, she shows remarkable restraint...expending approximately 183 words ( i counted, but who knows how accurately...counting is not as simple as people believe it to be ) insulting the denizen of the white house ( hardly necessary to point out his foibles...he wears then proudly ) and extolling her maternal capacities before she makes a pitch for cash ( deceptively putting the main point of the agenda behind the specious "democratic unity survey" )...refreshingly brief, 49 words, she soon returns to a full bore assault on trump and the republicans...
while highlighting democratic virtue for the next 693 words before her second pitch ( 39 words ) and the reminding me of her maternal wisdom...they say you should always repeat your main point three times to make sure it gets across...
and the "democratic unity survey" cuts straight to the pitch ( "give us your cash before you answer questions we will never review, we just want to make you feel part of the decision making process." ) as "section I" asks me how much it is worth to me to "face down donald trump" ( and who, i wonder, are the mysterious "group of generous democrats" who are going to match my donation if i act by august 31st? richard henry lee comes to mind, "it is natural for men who wish to hasten the adoption of a measure to tell us now is the crisis, now is the critical moment which must be seized or all will be lost"...what will be lost is my money if i don't donate and the "match" is the stick/carrot and generosity seems to have a "best by" date )...
the second page of the survey assures me that "99% of our contributions come from grassroots donors"...ah...the true populists...so i am in good company with that cadre of "generous democrats" then..all regular joes just like me...and 90% of my donations will go "directly to help house democrats win elections"...there are costs i suppose...nancy didn't even use her franking privileges to mail me this...there was a real stamp on the envelope...and the return envelope for my donation is prepaid ( although i could help out and save them the cost by using a stamp of my own ) ten cents on the dollar is a deal, right?
however, what really caught my eye ( again, i saw this when bernie sent me a letter pleading for funds ) was "federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year"...why? so the feds can share my political information with my employer and i can find myself "redundant" it my views don't sit well with the corpo world? they want my money but strike me as cavalier with my information...all politics is an extension of economics...an effort to protect and expand elite prerogatives in the amassing of wealth...the toxic sump that is whoretown is the focus of that effort in this country and i am inclined to think there is enough money changing hands there without my adding to it...pelosi is no more innocent that trump...just quieter...mcconnell...shumer...ocassio-cortez...graham...all of the same vanguardist narcissistic breed and all up to their necks in the sump...they will get on without my material support...i will vote however...they don't really like that...no good can come of it...there might be accountability involved...so? register and vote or don't come whining to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment