Friday, January 11, 2019

star

i had to renew my indiana state drivers license by my last birthday ( a gift from the state...bureaucracy and another year...i went in early to deny them the satisfaction of being disruptive ) and, as usual when dealing with an authoritarian bureaucracy ( the "democratic system" is something of a sham...it is highly limited...i have no civil rights at work for instance...there is no due process..only unilateral action..i am "an at-will employees subject to discharge, with or without cause, with no prior notice"...bureaucrats are not elected officials and they are in possession of greater power than i am in practical terms ) i was told that my documents, while still valid in the short term, would become useless in terms of air travel by january first 2020...now the odds of me emplaning in all but the most dire of life or death situations stand at just about nil..i am a creature of the earth ( read the garden blog ) and fully intend to remain so...fucking rooted...however that infinitesimal possibility exists and in an effort to meet unforeseen contingencies i went ahead with the desired upgrade of my identification papers...not without some hurdles being placed in my path...as usual i needed more paper to prove my identity before i could get a license to prove my identity and air worthiness...
a multiplicity of documents to choose from the verify my address and that i was who i claimed to be on my previously issued state document i was holding in my hand...as a slight digression, when i replaced my social security card ( a soon to be useless document if mcconell and the rest of the congressional swine have their way...have i said "fuck these people' today? probably ) the only document the federal government agency was interested in seeing was..my state issued drivers license...laxity seems related to the rung on the bureaucratic ladder one occupies...or the feds have implicit faith in state governments...back to the narrative...i procured the necessary documents and went back about a week later to upgrade my documentation...surprisingly i was not told i need "one more" piece of paper and they took my particulars, had me stand in front of a screen, take off my glasses, and photographed me..they never had me take off my glasses before...in fact since i have to wear them to drive i think they wanted a photo of me in them...not this time..it struck me as odd but i didn't put much thought into it at the time...about ten days later my shiny new license came in the mail and this was on the mailing...
the single difference between the appearance of my outdated license and the new one was that star..beyond that, and the glassesless photo they were identical...like all humans my hindsight is impeccable and it wasn't until later that i realized the reason they wanted my glasses off was i was being scanned into a facial recognition data base...( are glasses that disruptive? if so i am home free...all i have to do is wear them in public )...so big brother has utilized a social necessity along with a threat of limited mobility to induce me to do something i might not under other circumstances...they system is oligarchic, pyramidal, top-down authoritarian and it wants to know what you are doing, thinking, and why...it wants to instill a herd mentality ( politicians love rallies...no one hardly thinks independently when they're attending one ( look at video of trumptards sometime or hitler's...check out "triumph of the will" sometime and compare it to what's on the news ) and it needs to snuff out private thought to do that...knowing who is where is part of that process..i have taken to putting my cell phone in a faraday bag as i drive around just to be disruptive...i can drive legally with my spiffy new id.

No comments:

Post a Comment